What a weekend!
This was one of those weekends that when you finally sit down on Sunday night, you wonder just how you squeezed so much into just two days. It does help if you jump right in on Friday night, which we did. Thursday's rain and Friday's clouds meant Friday after work the yard was soft, but not soggy; perfect for using the yard roller. I have to admit, I know the benefits of rolling your yard are somewhat dubious, but our yard has always been a bit bumpy from when the grass first came up in clumps. I guess I'll find out the first time I mow if it did any good, but of course the boys and I had fun doing it.
Saturday's big project was painting the mower deck. We started our day off right by going out for breakfast. We have a Saturday tradition of going and getting McD's, but this Saturday we decided to try going to a restaurant for breakfast. It was a nice change, but the luxury of having a more elaborate breakfast versus just having breakfast show up, ready to eat was lost on the boys. Nonetheless, I started the day energized, and ready to get some things done. I had prepped the mower deck for painting during the week, so I took it out in the back yard and primed it in the morning. While I was waiting for the primer to dry I gave my truck a much needed wash. After lunch, I started in on the yellow paint. It took 3 cans, and I've got a nice blister on my nozzle finger, but I think the paint job turned out pretty decent. The grass could probably have been mowed this weekend, but I wanted to let the paint cure for a couple days before I start putting the deck back together.
After the painting was done, it was time to take the boys for another ride. This time we got the wagon out so both could go at the same time. Although all the fresh air and sunshine had started to wear them down by this point, they still made me make multiple laps around the house, and several trips up and down the street.
Sunday a little more laid back, but only slightly. After church, L napped an N helped me plant some grass seed, and picked a nice dandelion bouquet for Mommy. After lunch and a Playdough session, N went with me to return the roller, aerator and dethatcher to my coworker that I borrowed them from. On the way home, we stopped at Wal-mart to get the truck an oil change, and then Menards to get a few things. L had gone with C to run some errands as well, so when we all got home the boys were ready to play. N was driving his Grave Digger around, and L wanted a ride, so I decided to let N take L out for a closely supervised ride. They both had a ball.
With as warm as it was, N insisted we get icecream after supper, so he and I made a DQ run as C put L to bed. As we were eating our icecream, some of the neighbors down the street came outside, and since N couldn't go to bed right after icecream, we let him play with the neighbors until after dark. Finally, we all came inside, exhuasted after a busy, but wonderful, weekend. So long as the storms don't keep us up tonight, we should sleep pretty well.




No comments:
Post a Comment