Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mowing with Johnny

It was another wonderful weekend.  Saturday's crummy weather was ideal for finishing up the last little details for putting the mower deck on the 110.  It was also a good day for dyeing Easter eggs with Baba and Grandpa.  After the eggs, we played in the garage.  N really loved kicking the soccer ball around with everyone, and going out for pizza afterwards.  As C was putting N to bed he told her, "Baba and Grandpa are the best".

Of course Sunday was Palm Sunday, which we thought N would enjoy at church. As we got to the sanctuary, they ushered N into the room where all the kids were waiting to parade in with the palm branches.  He seemed excited at first, but after waiting a little while for things to get started he decided he didn't want to do it. Once he made up his mind he didn't want to do it, there was no convincing him otherwise.  I don't know where he might get that stubbornness from. 

After church, while L napped, N and I washed our tractors.  I wanted to clean up Johnny for some pictures after I mounted up the mower deck. I figured the deck would never look that good again, but needed to clean the dirt off from our discing exercise .  N enjoyed washing his pedal tractor so much, I had him wash Grave Digger too.  Of course he got himself soaking wet in the process, but at least I had him put on his muddy shoes first so we got those cleaned off.


Getting the deck mounted on Johnny was a little more difficult than I expected, but I got it done nonetheless.  L helped me with the first mowing with the newly installed deck. I thought he might be afraid when I started up the mower, but he didn't even flinch.  He rode along the entire time, except when I made him get off while I did a couple passes on the slope.  In addition to Mommy and N watching, we even had some Sunday drivers stop at the dead end and watch us for a few rounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment