Sunday, January 23, 2011

Work and Play

It's hard to believe another weekend is almost gone.  It was another one with nothing terribly exciting, but good nonetheless.  I got my weekend off to a good start by going out and running a tractor on Friday morning.  It really is one perk of my job I don't take advantage of enough.  One of my coworkers had gotten a tractor stuck in the same place only a few days before, but with the temps well below 0 Friday morning, I didn't have to worry about any mud.  I was very thankful for the heated cab. 

In the workshop this weekend I got my last batch of monster trucks finished up.  This caps off what has undoubtedly been my most prolific period of custom toy production since before N was born.  Including the trucks up for auction this week, I have 30 trucks to sell.  While the trucks are done, the Ebay fun is only just beginning.  I've been strategically unveiling the trucks on the Monster Truck Collector forum so as to keep attention on my work, and attract bidders on my auctions.  We'll see how things turn out this week. 

Today N helped me with building a new monster truck track.  I plan on using it to help photograph my trucks for auction, and of course he gets to play with it as well.  One of his "crush cars" sets fell apart this week, so this new bigger and better one will take it's place.  This one has a "mud" pit on it, so it will be a little different than the one he already has.  While we worked on it, I had my truck out of the garage so N and L could run around.  I know they miss going outside, so this is the next best thing.  Days like today I am very thankful for my "man cave", with heat, a TV to watch the car auction and the Bears (even if they lost) and enough space to work and let the boys run around.  As the old commercial says, "it doesn't get any better than this".


 

No comments:

Post a Comment