This past weekend we celebrated my Birthday. I can't say there was anything super-exciting about it, nor would you really expect there to be for a thirty-something's birthday. In fact, the lack of excitement was one thing that I would say made the birthday memorable. My whole family was there, (except my brother who unfortunately had to work) and we got to just relax and hang out. C did an excellent job preparing so we didn't have to rush or scramble. The kids did a nice job playing together so we didn't have to spend the whole time chasing them. Everyone seemed to have a genuinely good time, and that was perhaps the best birthday gift of all. (Not that the other gifts weren't nice too.)
OK, enough with the sentimentality. This weekend was also an extended one thanks to the MLK holiday on Monday. That gave me some extra time to get a few projects done. My mega-batch of monster trucks is finally done and the first couple went up on Ebay tonight. Not being one to leave well enough alone, I did start a few more to use up some extra parts I have left over. At least this batch is smaller and not as complicated as the last one. Also over the weekend I finished up another article for the ACMOC newsletter. I was asked a while back to write an article about an antique tractor that is going to be featured at Caterpillar's both at ConExpo for the March/April issue of the newsletter. A month or so later, I found out the owner of the tractor was going to work with someone else on the article. Fine by me, obviously I've got no shortage of projects. Then late last week I was sent the article. While it was a good account of the restoration of the tractor, it was lacking in historical detail. I'll spare you all the details, but in the end, I was asked if I could write a supplemental article. I really couldn't find much on said tractor either, but did turn up quite a bit on a similar tractor from the same era. It worked out nice that I was able to help the club out by just summarizing some research I had already done, and because it's on a different tractor I shouldn't be stepping on anybody else's toes either. At least that's the way I hope he sees it.
No comments:
Post a Comment