Thursday, May 19, 2011

Back in Business

You'd think with all the rain we had last weekend, I would have found some time to post an update on the blog.  Somehow, I just never got around to it. The weekend was kind of a bust project-wise.  Saturday C ran some errands and went to a baby shower, so I had quite a bit of time with the boys.  We played and got a few little things done, but nothing major.  Sunday brought more rain.  I had hopes of checking out a snow blade for Johnny that had popped up on Craigslist, but after tentatively setting plans with the seller for Sunday afternoon, he never called me back with a definite time to meet.  It's still listed for sale, so I haven't completely given up hope, but I'm not going to hold my breath. 

Although I didn't get to do any Craigslist buying over the weekend, I did get to do some selling.  I had planned on selling our pink Power Wheels Harley a while ago, but C convinced me to keep it a while longer since the kids liked to play with it.  While it was popular for a while, it had sat unused for the last few weeks so I decided it was OK to sell it.  When I told N someone was coming to buy it, at first he said he didn't want to sell it, but when they came and took it, it didn't bother him at all. 

Once the rain stopped this week, I was able to get some Power Wheels parts out from under the deck to rebuild a Jeep I had picked up a few weeks ago.  While I have drastically scaled back my Power Wheels refurbishing, I haven't totally given it up.  Although the jeep was lacking any wheels when I picked it up, I had some replacements squirreled away, and the boys and I were able to clean it up and rebuild it.  I'll let them try it out for a while and have some fun with it before I sell it.  I also cleared out a Power Wheels Bigfoot I had in the shed.  It was fully functional, and it pained me to throw it away, but I got more for the desirable parts than I probably would have selling the truck whole locally. 




It looks like more rain in the forecast for this weekend, but I'm hoping to get at least a little good weather.  I'm caught up on mowing, but I'm itching to try out my carburetor repair on the Cat, and try to troubleshoot the miss under load.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment