Sunday, July 10, 2011

Workin' at the Car Wash

10 action packed days have elapsed since my last post, including a holiday and a week of "staycation".  The most important output from the workshop over the 4th of July weekend was the kiddie car wash.  C had found the plans for it online, although I improvised a bit on it.  It is incredible how much fun the boys have gotten out of it considering how easy it was to build.  It has evolved some from it's first iteration however. My initial design had a misting nozzle, which at the working pressure was more of a dribble nozzle.  I replaced that with a rotating sprinkler I had left over from when we put the yard in, and that worked much better.  The most popular improvement though, was the water balloon filler.  Alot of the time I may as well turn the rest of it off, because that is the part the kids spend the majority of their time with.  It is so popular, in fact, I added a second filler on the other side.  With the hot weather we have been having, it continues to be a hit. 


The 4th itself turned out much more low-key than we anticipated.  Grandma, Grandpa, and both the boys didn't have it in them to stay up to go to a fireworks show, so C and I just set up our lawn chairs in the front yard to see what we could see.  There were fireworks going off in all directions, and a few pretty impressive ones, but it's just not the same as going to a show. 

The majority of the subsequent week was spend adding wainscotting to the dining room.  I had never done that before, and like most of my projects it took much longer than anticipated.  It's still not done, but we should finish it this week.

My only big plan for the week off was to get my tractor ready for the Penfield show.  Due to the dining room remodeling, the tractor work didn't get done until Thursday afternoon.  It was rushed, but I did get everything done that I hoped to get done.  The show on Friday and Saturday was alot of fun.  I had alot of good conversations with my "tractor friends" and really enjoyed myself.  The fact that the tractor behaved itself and didn't have any mechanical issues helped make it enjoyable.  I'm already looking forward to the next one. 


It was a very good week and weekend, but unfortunately, this week it's back to reality.  It will be a busy week getting caught up at work after a week off, and of course getting ready for N's birthday party next weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment